Windshield Auto Glass Basics: Deciding Between Windshield Repair and Windshield Replacement
In a car’s lifetime it is common for the windshield to get scratched and chipped. When your car is cruising on the road it is common for gravel and small stones to come flying up and hit your windshield. Thanks to the windshield at least you are safe from all of that debris flying straight into your face. Your windshield does more than shield you from wind, dust and gravel. It keeps you safe in a collision and protects you from nasty weather conditions.
Windshields can withstand small scratches and chips if they are taken care of in a timely manner. If you have an insurance policy which has a collision provision, you can usually choose a Grand Rapids auto glass repair facility with a deductible on your part. Repairs are less expensive on your pocket but you need to know how to get repairs done cost-effectively. Here are some pointers on how to decide if you need a windshield repair or replacement.
• If your windshield has a spider webbing crack then you need to get your windshield replaced.
• If your windshield has a chip and the glass is protruding out you will need a replacement.
• If your windshield has a chip or a scratch that blocks your view while driving you will need to get it assessed to see if you need a windshield repair or a replacement because your professional will look at various factors like how deep the chip is and so forth.
• If there is a small scratch then you may be able to fix it yourself by buying a windshield repair kit available auto parts stores or online. If you would like you can take the car to a windshield repair professional to give you a demo for the first time so that you can do it again by yourself more confidently without worrying if you did it wrong.
• When you are unsure about the amount of damage done to your windshield then just take it to a professional immediately because you don’t want to wait till any damage to get worse. You can find out what the cost will be if the repair is optional.
There are a lot of windshield auto glass repair technicians out there but we encourage you to check us out at Action Glass in Jenison, Allendale, or right in your driveway/parking lot (we come right to you). Fill out the form to right for a free auto glass repair or replacement estimate!